from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who owns or operates a bar for the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- n. See bartender.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a bartender: a person preparing and serving drinks at a bar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who keeps or tends a bar for the sale of liquors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who has charge of the bar of an inn or other place of public entertainment; a bartender.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an employee who mixes and serves alcoholic drinks at a bar
Sorry, no etymologies found.