from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become beautiful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make beautiful, or to increase the beauty of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make or render beautiful; to add beauty to; to adorn; to deck; to grace; to embellish.
- intransitive v. To become beautiful; to advance in beauty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make or render beautiful; adorn; deck; grace; decorate; embellish.
- Synonyms Adorn, Ornament, etc. See adorn and decorate.
- To become beautiful; advance in beauty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be beautiful to look at
- v. make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
- v. make more beautiful
Sorry, no etymologies found.