from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make decorative additions to; spruce up.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make small improvements or alterations to (one's appearance etc.); to add some finishing touches to.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To dress or smarten up; to spruce.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To dress or spruce up; get or put into good trim; smarten, or smarten one's self.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make neat, smart, or trim
Alteration of earlier tidivate : perhaps tidy + (ele)vate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Modification of earlier spelling tidivate, perhaps based on tidy + -vate, on the pattern of words like cultivate and renovate. (Wiktionary)