from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To state wrongly or falsely.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make a statement that is in error, to say incorrectly, have a slip of the tongue. Implies an unintentional error in speaking rather than an intentional lie.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To state wrongly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To state wrongly; make an erroneous representation of: as, to misstate a question in debate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. state something incorrectly
Sorry, no etymologies found.