from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make dim.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make dim; to obscure or darken.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make dim; to obscure or darken.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make dim; obscure or darken; becloud.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make obscure or unclear
- v. make darker and difficult to perceive by sight
From be- + dim. (Wiktionary)