from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Variant of behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The way a living creature behaves or acts.
- n. The way a device or system operates.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the action or reaction of something (as a machine or substance) under specified circumstances
- n. (behavioral attributes) the way a person behaves toward other people
- n. (psychology) the aggregate of the responses or reactions or movements made by an organism in any situation
- n. manner of acting or controlling yourself
From behave + -iour, apparently in simulation of haviour, havior, havour. Compare Scots havings ("behaviour"), from have ("to behave"). (Wiktionary)