from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A drunken spree or revel.
- n. A period of unrestrained, immoderate self-indulgence.
- n. A period of excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink: an eating binge.
- intransitive v. To be immoderately self-indulgent and unrestrained: "The story is like a fever dream that a disturbed and imaginative city-dweller might have after binging on comics” ( Lloyd Rose).
- intransitive v. To engage in excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- n. A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- v. To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make a low obeisance; courtesy.
- To cringe; fawn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any act of immoderate indulgence
- n. an occasion for excessive eating or drinking
- v. overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
From dialectal binge, to soak.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Lincolnshire dialect, binge ("to soak"), of Unknown origin. (Wiktionary)