from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The place where someone is born or where something originates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The location where a person was born.
- n. The location where something was created or devised.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The town, city, or country, where a person is born; place of origin or birth, in its more general sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The place of one's birth; the town, city, or country where a person is born; more generally, place of origin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the place where someone was born
- n. where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence
Sorry, no etymologies found.