from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To undergo bletting, a fermentation process in certain fruit beyond ripening.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A form of decay in fruit which is overripe.
- intransitive v. To decay internally when overripe; -- said of fruit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To become “sleepy” or internally decayed, as a pear which ripens after being picked.
- n. A soft spot in a fruit; an early stage of decay.
French blettir. (Wiktionary)