from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bird, the blue titmouse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The bluepoll.
- n. The blue bonnet or blue titmouse.
- n. A Scot; a Scotchman; -- so named from wearing a blue bonnet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fish said to be of the salmon kind, with blue spots on its head.
- n. Same as bluebonnet
- n. In botany: Some blue-flowered species of Scabiosa, as S. succisa and S. arvensis. The bluebottle, Centaurea Cyanus.
- n. Same as bluebonnet, 3.
- n. In coal-mining, a blue or brownish halo around the flame of the safety-lamp, indicating the presence of a dangerous quantity of fire-damp.
blue + cap (Wiktionary)