from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wild cat (Lynx rufus) of North America, having spotted reddish-brown fur, tufted ears, and a short tail. Also called bay lynx.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A North American wild cat, Lynx rufus, having tufted ears and a short tail
- n. a multi-purpose construction vehicle that is a akin to a smaller version of a front-end loader or a backhoe (backhoe loader), with a one-man caged control cabin
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. small lynx (Lynx rufus) of North America.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A popular name for the bay lynx, Lynx rufus, and its various subspecies, all of which have short tails.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small lynx of North America
bob(tail) + cat.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Genericization of the trademark Bobcat (Wiktionary)