from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A forked device for holding a boot secure while the foot is being withdrawn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a V-shaped, or forked, device for pulling off boots.
- v. to steal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A device for pulling off boots.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An implement of wood or iron used to hold a boot while the foot is drawn out of it.
- n. An actor of utility parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. has V-shaped notch for pulling off boots
boot + jack (Wiktionary)