from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Hindu priestly caste; one of the four varnas or social groups based on occupation in ancient Hindu society.
- n. One who has realized or attempts to realize Brahman, i.e. God or supreme knowledge.
- n. A scholar, teacher, priest, intellectual, researcher, scientist, knowledge-seeker, or knowledge worker.
- n. A social and cultural elite, especially in the New England region of the USA.
- n. A learned person of refined taste and mild manners.
- adj. scholarly
Anglicised from Sanskrit ब्राह्मण (brā́hmaṇa). (Wiktionary)