from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of breast.
- n. The curved channel in which a breastwheel turns.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The curved channel in which a breast wheel turns. It is closely adapted to the curve of the wheel through about a quarter of its circumference, and prevents the escape of the water until it has spent its force upon the wheel. See breast wheel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In machinery, the curved channel in which a breast-wheel turns.
- n. The bed against which the wheel of a ragengine works.
- n. A method of deer-hunting in which several horsemen ride abreast through the cover and shoot from the saddle.
- n. Same as breast-stoping.
Sorry, no etymologies found.