from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. In a state of inactivity or rest.
- adj. Dead.
- adj. Botany Dormant. Used especially of spores that germinate after a prolonged period.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of rest; repose; inactivity; reliance; confidence.
- n. A place where one can rest; a resting-place.
- n. A pause; a break; an interlude.
- adj. That which rests; that which is not in action or in the process of growth.
- adj. Unemployed.
- adj. Remaining; stationary.
- v. Present participle of rest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from rest, v. t. & i.
Sorry, no etymologies found.