from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small skewer or spit used to broil or roast meat, fish, or vegetables.
- n. Food broiled or roasted on a small skewer or spit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. small skewer or spit on which small pieces of meat, fish or vegetables are roasted or broiled
- n. food cooked on such a device
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small spit or skewer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A skewer to stick meat on, used in cookery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small spit or skewer
French, from Old French, diminutive of broche, spit; see broach1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French diminutive of broche, a spit (Wiktionary)