from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A flour tortilla wrapped around a filling, as of beef, beans, or cheese.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a Mexican dish consisting of a flour tortilla wrapped around a filling of meat and/or beans, cheese etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a flour tortilla folded around a filling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A species of grunt, Pomadasis branicki, of the family Hæmulidæ, found on the sandy shores of the Pacific coast of America and reaching a length of 7 inches. The name is also applied to other related species, as Brachydeuterus leuciscus, also of the family Hæmulidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a flour tortilla folded around a filling
American Spanish, from Spanish, diminutive of burro, burro; see burro.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish, diminutive of burro ("donkey"), from burrico ("donkey"), from Latin burricus ("small horse"), from burrus ("red-brown"), from Ancient Greek πυρρός (purros, "flame colored"), from πῦρ (pur, "fire"). (Wiktionary)