from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An electric signaling device, such as a doorbell, that makes a buzzing sound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An insect that buzzes.
- n. A device that makes a buzzing sound.
- n. A police badge.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, buzzes; a whisperer; a talebearer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who buzzes; a whisperer; one who is busy in telling tales secretly.
- n. A call or alarm making a low buzzing sound, used when it is desirable to avoid loud noise.
- n. A polishing-wheel used in cutlery-work.
- n. A pickpocket.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a signaling device that makes a buzzing sound
- n. a push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
From buzz + -er. (Wiktionary)