from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of calling back from one location or situation to the previous one: a callback of laid-off auto workers.
- n. A return telephone or radio call.
- n. A recall of a recently sold product by the manufacturer to correct a defect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The return of a situation to a previous position or state.
- n. A return telephone or radio call; especially one made automatically to authenticate a logon to a computer network
- n. A product recall because of a defect or safety concern.
- n. A function pointer passed to another function that the latter can call for notification purposes.
- n. a follow-up audition (casting)
- n. a joke which references an earlier joke in the same routine
call + back (Wiktionary)