from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A somewhat riotous parade, accompanied with the blowing of tin horns and other discordant noises.
- n. A burlesque serenade; a charivari.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A somewhat riotous parade, accompanied with the blowing of tin horns, and other discordant noises; also, a burlesque serenade; a charivari.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A charivari (which see).
- To treat to a callithumpian concert.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a noisy mock serenade (made by banging pans and kettles) to a newly married couple
- n. a noisy boisterous parade
Sorry, no etymologies found.