from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A group of confidential, often scheming advisers; a cabal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A secret, usually sinister, group of conspiring advisors close to the leadership; a cabal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The private audience chamber of a king.
- n. A company of secret and irresponsible advisers, as of a king; a cabal or clique.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A company of secret counselors or advisers; a cabal; a clique.
- n. Synonyms Faction, Junto, etc. See cabal.
- n. A small chamber or cell, as in the brain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a clique (often secret) that seeks power usually through intrigue
Spanish, diminutive of cámara, room, from Late Latin camera; see chamber.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish camarilla, from cámara ("chamber") and the diminutive suffix -illa. (Wiktionary)