from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A knitted garment, such as a sweater or jacket, that opens down the full length of the front.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of sweater or jumper that fastens up the front with buttons or a zipper, usually machine- or hand-knitted from wool.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A warm jacket of knit worsted with or without sleeves, especially a knitted jacket with sleeves that is fastened up the front with buttons or a zipper.
- a slightly bow-legged variety of corgi having rounded ears and a long tail.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A close-fitting knitted woolen jacket or waistcoat. Also called cardigan jacket.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. knitted jacket that is fastened up the front with buttons or a zipper
- n. slightly bowlegged variety of corgi having rounded ears and a long tail
After the Seventh Earl of Cardigan, James Thomas Brudenell (1797-1868), British army officer.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Named after British military commander James Thomas Brudenell, 7th Earl of Cardigan (Wiktionary)