from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a class of yellow to red pigments, including the carotenes and the xanthophylls.
- adj. Of or relating to such a pigment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of a class of yellow to red plant pigments including the carotenes and xanthophylls.
- adj. Of, or relating to such a class of pigments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of a class of highly unsaturated yellow to red pigments occurring in plants and animals
Sorry, no etymologies found.