from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A group that contains 1,000 elements.
- n. One thousand years; a millennium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a group of 1000 things
- n. a period of 1000 years; a millennium
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thousand; the aggregate of a thousand things; especially, a period of a thousand years.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thousand; the numbers from one multiple of a thousand to the next.
- n. Specifically The period of a thousand years.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
Late Latin chīlias, chīliad-, from Greek khīlias, from khīlioi, thousand; see gheslo- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
chilia- + -ad (Wiktionary)