from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A seashore picnic where clams, fish, corn, and other foods are traditionally baked on heated stones covered with seaweed.
- n. Informal A party or gathering, especially a noisy and lively one.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An informal beach party in which food, usually seafood, is cooked in a pit dug in the sand, filled with hot coals.
- n. An instance of smoking (usually marijuana) in an enclosed space.
- adj. Informal, makeshift, sloppy.
- v. To smoke marijuana in an enclosed space such as a car with the windows up.
- v. To enclose something and fill it with smoke by smoking (usually marijuana) inside it.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The backing or steaming of clams on heated stones, between layers of seaweed; hence, a picnic party, gathered on such an occasion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A repast consisting chiefly of clams baked in a hole in the ground on a layer of stones previously heated, the hole being covered with seaweed, etc., during the process, usually as an accompaniment of a picnic at the sea-shore; hence, a picnic of which such a repast is the principal feature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cookout at the seashore where clams and fish and other foods are cooked--usually on heated stones covered with seaweed
clam + bake (Wiktionary)