from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A halt or lameness in a person's walk; a limp.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A temporary cramp-like pain in the calf muscles.
- n. A specific limp caused by this pain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A halting or limping.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A halting or limping; a limp.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. disability of walking due to crippling of the legs or feet
Middle English claudicacioun, from Latin claudicātiō, claudicātiōn-, from claudicātus, past participle of claudicāre, to limp, from claudus, lame.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)