from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cooperative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A unit of a housing co-operative; a purchased apartment where the apartment owners collectively are responsible for maintenance of common areas and upkeep.
- n. Any co-operative, including housing, retail, utility, agricultural, banking or worker cooperatives.
- n. Any shop owned by a co-operative.
- n. A co-operative game, as opposed to a competitive game or deathmatch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a commercial enterprise run for the benefit of its owners.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a jointly owned commercial enterprise (usually organized by farmers or consumers) that produces and distributes goods and services and is run for the benefit of its owners
From cooperative. (Wiktionary)