from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See cod1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cod (the fish).
- n. The flesh of the cod as food.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of fish. Same as cod.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cod; a fish of the genus Gadus.
- n. The flesh of the cod as an article of food: as, a dish of codfish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lean white flesh of important North Atlantic food fish; usually baked or poached
- n. major food fish of Arctic and cold-temperate waters
cod + fish (Wiktionary)