from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To reduce to a code: codify laws.
- transitive v. To arrange or systematize.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To reduce to a code, to arrange into a code.
- v. To collect and arrange in a systematic form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To reduce to a code, as laws.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To reduce to a code or digest, as laws.
- To arrange or systematize in general; make an orderly collection or compendium of; epitomize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. organize into a code or system, such as a body of law
Sorry, no etymologies found.