from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coal mine together with its physical plant and outbuildings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An underground coal mine, together with its surface buildings.
- n. A facility that supplies coal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The place where coal is dug; a coal mine, and the buildings, etc., belonging to it.
- n. The coal trade.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place where coal is dug; a coal-mine or -pit, with the requisite apparatus for working it.
- n. The coal-trade.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a workplace consisting of a coal mine plus all the buildings and equipment connected with it
From collier + -y. (Wiktionary)