from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Worthy of commendation; deserving praise; admirable, creditable or meritorious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Worthy of being commended or praised; laudable; praiseworthy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being commended, approved, or praised; worthy of commendation or praise; laudable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an admirable manner
- adj. worthy of high praise
From Latin commendabilis, from commendare ("to commend, intrust to"), from com- + mandare ("to commit, intrust, enjoin"), from manus ("hand") + dare ("to put"). (Wiktionary)