from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Deserving admiration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Deserving of the highest esteem or admiration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fitted to excite wonder; wonderful; marvelous.
- adj. Having qualities to excite wonder united with approbation; deserving the highest praise; most excellent; -- used of persons or things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fitted to excite wonder; marvelous; strange; surprising.
- Worthy of admiration; having qualities to excite wonder, with approbation, esteem, reverence, or affection; very excellent: used of persons or things.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deserving of the highest esteem or admiration
- adj. inspiring admiration or approval
From Middle French admirable, from Latin admirabilis. (Wiktionary)