from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The breaking or grinding up of a material to form smaller particles.
- n. Fracture of a bone site in multiple pieces (at least three); crumbling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of reducing to a fine powder or to small particles; pulverization; the state of being comminuted.
- n. Fracture (of a bone) into a number of pieces.
- n. Gradual diminution by the removal of small particles at a time; a lessening; a wearing away.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of comminuting or reducing to fine particles or to a powder; pulverization.
- n. In surgery, a comminute fracture.
- n. Attenuation or diminution by small abstractions.
Sorry, no etymologies found.