from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device (or, more precisely, a mating pair of devices, often a plug and a socket) for connecting together two wires, cables, or hoses, allowing electricity or fluid to flow but also allowing easy disconnection and reconnection when necessary.
- n. A highway or freeway road which connects to another highway or freeway. It can be part of an interchange or a longer roadway such as the 1.5 mile (2.5 kilometer) U.S. Route 24 Connector.
- n. A line connecting two shapes in presentation software.
- n. A software component that provides access from an application program to an external database or data source, such as a JDBC connector.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A flexible tube for connecting the ends of glass tubes in pneumatic experiments.
- n. A device for holding two parts of an electrical conductor in contact.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which connects.
- n. In geometry, one of the ranges determined by n coplanar points (‘dots’) in a polystigm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrumentality that connects
connect + -or (Wiktionary)