from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. From a contrasting point of view.
- adv. In the opposite way or reverse order.
- adv. In a perverse manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in the contrary or opposite way, order, or direction
- adv. on the other hand
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. On the contrary; oppositely; on the other hand.
- adv. In a contrary order; conversely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- On the contrary; oppositely; on the other hand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. contrary to expectations
- adv. with the order reversed
- adv. in a contrary disobedient manner
contrary + -wise (Wiktionary)