from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that conveys, especially a mechanical apparatus that transports materials, packages, or items being assembled from one place to another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person that conveys, transports or delivers.
- n. Anything that conveys, transports or delivers.
- n. A mechanical arrangement for transporting material or objects, generally over short or moderate distances, as from one part of a building to another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A contrivance for carrying objects from place to place; esp., one for conveying grain, coal, etc., -- as a spiral or screw turning in a pipe or trough, an endless belt with buckets, or a truck running along a rope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See conveyer
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who conveys (carries or transmits)
- n. a moving belt that transports objects (as in a factory)
to convey + -or. (Wiktionary)