from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of numerous minute marine and freshwater crustaceans of the subclass Copepoda, having an elongated body and a forked tail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of very many small crustaceans, of the subclass Copepoda, that are widely distributed and ecologically important; they include the water fleas
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Copepoda.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Copepoda. Also copepodous.
- n. One of the Copepoda. Also copepodan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. minute marine or freshwater crustaceans usually having six pairs of limbs on the thorax; some abundant in plankton and others parasitic on fish
From New Latin Cōpēpoda, order name : Greek kōpē, oar; see kap- in Indo-European roots + -poda, -pod.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)