from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman who makes teasing sexual or romantic overtures; a flirt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman who flirts or plays with men's affections.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vain, trifling woman, who endeavors to attract admiration from a desire to gratify vanity; a flirt; -- formerly sometimes applied also to men.
- n. A tropical humming bird of the genus Lophornis, with very elegant neck plumes. Several species are known. See Illustration under Spangle, v. t.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman who endeavors to gain the admiration of men; a vain, selfish, trifling woman, who endeavors to attract admiration and advances in love, for the gratification of her vanity; a flirt; a jilt.
- n. plural A group of crested humming-birds, of the genus Lophornis (which see).
- Coquettish; like a coquette.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
- v. talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions
French, feminine of coquet, flirtatious man; see coquet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French coquette. (Wiktionary)