from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Wood cut and piled in cords.
- n. Wood sold by the cord.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Wood suitable for use as firewood; firewood cut and split into conveniently sized pieces for easy stacking into cords.
- n. Split and cut firewood as an economic commodity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. firewood cut and stacked in cords; wood sold by the cord
cord + wood (Wiktionary)