from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A projecting tuft of hair on the head that grows in a different direction from the rest of the hair and will not lie flat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An unruly lock of hair that sticks straight up from the rear of the skull as if licked by a cow.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tuft of hair turned up or awry (usually over the forehead), as if licked by a cow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tuft of hair which presents the appearance of hair that has been licked by a cow, as on herself or on a calf, out of its proper position and natural direction. Also called calf-lick.
- n. plural The snowdrop-tree, Mohrodendron dipterum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tuft of hair that grows in a different direction from the rest of the hair and usually will not lie flat
Sorry, no etymologies found.