from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The wife of a Russian czar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of tsarina.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The title of the empress of Russia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An empress of Russia; the wife of the Czar of Russia, or a Russian empress regnant. Also czaritza, tsaritsa, tzaritsa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the wife or widow of a czar
Alteration (perhaps influenced by Latin rēgīna, queen) of Russian tsaritsa; see czaritza.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)