from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving to decorate or embellish; ornamental.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That serves to decorate
- n. A plant, tile, etc. intended for use as decoration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Suited to decorate or embellish; adorning.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to decoration; concerned with decoration: as, decorative art.
- Of an ornamental nature; decorating; embellishing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving an esthetic rather than a useful purpose
Sorry, no etymologies found.