from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove the horns from.
- transitive v. To prevent growth in the horns of (cattle, for example), as by cauterization.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove the horns from.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of horns; to prevent the growth of the horns of (cattle) by burning their ends soon after they start. See dishorn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove the horns from (domestic cattle).
- To saw off the ends of logs bearing the owner's mark and to put on a new mark.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take the horns off (an animal)
- v. prevent the growth of horns of certain animals
de- + horn (Wiktionary)