from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The botanical study of trees and other woody plants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the study of trees and other woody plants
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the branch of botany studying trees and shrubs; the natural history of trees.
- n. A discourse or treatise on trees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A discourse or treatise on trees; the natural history of trees. Also dendrography.
From dendro- + -logy (Wiktionary)