from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, conditions unique to the descendant species of a clade, and not found in earlier ancestral species.
- adj. Possessing features believed to be more advanced or improved than those other organisms.
- adj. product of derivation
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of derive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. formed or developed from something else; not original
Sorry, no etymologies found.