from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of dismembering.
- n. The state or condition of being dismembered.
- n. Removal from membership; detachment from an organization, group, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of dismembering, or the state of being dismembered; cutting in piece; m�tilation; division; separation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of dismembering, or the state of being dismembered; the act of tearing or cutting in pieces; severance of limbs or parts from the main body: as, the dismemberment of an animal or of a country.
- n. Severance of membership; a breaking off of connection as a member.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the removal of limbs; being cut to pieces
From dismember + -ment. (Wiktionary)