from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A step leading to a door.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Step of a door. The threshold of a doorway.
- n. One's immediate neighbourhood or locality.
- n. A big slice of bread.
- v. To corner somebody for an unexpected interview.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The stone or plank forming a step before an outer door.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The step of a door; the threshold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sill of a door; a horizontal piece of wood or stone that forms the bottom of a doorway and offers support when passing through a doorway
door + step (Wiktionary)