from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The lower part or the business center of a city or town.
- adv. To, toward, or in the lower part or the business center of a city or town.
- adj. Of, relating to, or located downtown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. either the lower, or the business center of a city or town
- adv. in, or towards the downtown area
- adv. Outside the three-point line, or generally far from the basket.
- adj. of, relating to, or situated in the downtown area
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the central area or commercial center of a town or city
- adv. toward or in the lower or central part of town
- adj. of or located in the lower part of a town, or in the business center
Sorry, no etymologies found.