from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Down the stairs: raced my friend downstairs.
- adv. To or on a lower floor: waited downstairs while her parents were getting dressed.
- n. The lower or main floor.
- adj. Located on a lower or main floor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. A floor lower than the one a speaker currently occupies.
- adv. living, stepping, or coming down the stairs
- n. The genitalia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Down the stairs; to a lower floor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Down the stairs; below; to or on a lower floor: as, he went or is down-stairs.
- Pertaining or relating to, or situated on, the lower floor of a house: as, he is in one of the down-stairs rooms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. on or of lower floors of a building
- adv. on a floor below
Sorry, no etymologies found.