from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. abbreviation for doctor, a title accorded to a person who holds a doctorate degree from an academic institution, such as a Ph.D. degree or M.D. degree.
- n. a licensed doctor of medicine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An abbreviation of debtor and doctor.
- An abbreviation of dram and drams.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a licensed medical practitioner
- n. a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent) from an academic institution
Sorry, no etymologies found.